Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rebecca's Room!

This first picture on top of this post has nothing to do with getting ready for Rebecca - but I thought it was so darn cute. Dwight sure loves that boy - and Jonah sure thinks the world of his daddy.

Yesterday we made the big purchase! We ordered the crib! It's hard for Dwight to make a big purchase without doing a lot of research and it always takes a long time to make a decision. So I am so happy that we finally came to an agreement and I just know we're going to love this one!
We've had the bedding for a while. Some friend's of ours are moving to Germany and needed to get rid of a bunch of stuff so that they wouldn't have to ship it over. They're having a little boy so they decided to sell their daughter's old bedroom set. And it just so happens that it was the exact color and theme we wanted for Rebecca's room! And it was in such awesome shape. So we were able to get an amazing deal on most of the pieces in this picture. Talk about good timing!
I've also been working a little bit on the wall painting. We wont need to paint the walls - the light yellow is the perfect color. But I'm doing some acrylic stamping of butterflies around the room. Quite the project. This is what I've gotten done so far - the words are vinyl, but I added the purple color to them so that they stand out a little more. The crib will go right under this. I love how it turned out!

And then, as I started going through all the many beautiful pieces of the bedroom set, and started putting up curtains and such, I began to feel bad that Jonah's room was never quite completed - and that we didn't have as many cute things to do in it. So I started coming up with stuff for his room too. Here's one thing I made with my cricut. That machine has got to be one of the best toys ever!

So now, once the crib arrives, we'll get all the furniture out of the room and start getting things set up. I remember how much fun it was when we were working on Jonah's room- so I'm really looking forward to this one!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

so jealous you have a cricut!!!!