Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat


Dwight wasn't able to get the best pictures when he came to see the show - but there are a couple cute ones. One of my friend's from the cast had her husband take some amazing professional pictures so I'll be able to have those for posterity. But in the meantime - here are a few of the better ones.

My makeup done for the first act.
My new, good friend Meg. She played the prettiest boy ever :)
Being in Joseph was an amazing experience for me. I learned so much about myself. I was able to challenge myself vocally and physically. Even at 24 weeks (not 24 months - thanks mom for catching that) pregnant, which is what I was on the day of the last performance, I was able to keep up with every one of those dance numbers - and they weren't just step-touch stuff. I was really proud of myself that I had the energy and stamina for that. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with the desire and ability to be a part of something like this. I'm also especially grateful that over time He helped me overcome a lot of my insecurities - I don't think I got nervous one time during the performances! And also, I was able to discover some other things about myself that I think I'd like to improve on - which is always a good thing.
I also learned a lot about where I am at in life - as far as what's really important and who's opinions really matter. I don't need everyone's acceptance or friendship - though I've always been someone who welcomed it and felt as though I needed it. But now, I'm ok if I don't get it from every single person I come in contact with. I recognize more and more the people who are truly important in my life. I love that I can add more people to that special group - but I don't need everyone there. It's been so long that I've done something for myself, with people who I don't spend a lot of time with - that I've forgotten that it's something I've always struggled with - needing everyone to love and accept me. And life just doesn't happen that way. So that was an interesting experience - and I handled it well I think. When it was all said and done - I really enjoyed working with all the people I had the opportunity to work with. But I was able to walk away knowing that I'm in a different place in life and it's ok if everyone didn't think I was amazing and consider me a new best friend. Those who I was able to become close with are the ones that matter and I love that it's enough. I've come a long way I think.
But really - the best part was that it was an awesome show and I loved doing it! I worked with some amazing people who really helped me to strengthen my talents! I really hope I get to be more involved with the community theater in this area. I'll have to take a little break while Dwight is in school - but then I'll be back :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I looooves my Peggy! If I said it once during Joseph, I said it a thousand times....YOU ARE SO CUTE! ^_^

-Meg.

Rebecca said...

Love the pictures and the post. I think you're amazing and hope you do a lot more shows in the future. I second what Meg keeps telling you!