Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Almost walking!!! FINALLY!!!!

Jonah took his first steps today! Of course, I wasn't expecting it so I didn't have the camera out : (
But it was so exciting. Jeanette, his physical therapist, came for her usual every-other-week visit and I was kind of bummed because he really hadn't shown much progress of the last two weeks. He's been doing some one handed walking, but I couldn't get him to stand up from all fours the way she had done at her last visit.
But to my surprise, as soon as she started working with him, he was standing up like a pro - almost doing it on his own! And he stood for about 5 seconds a couple of different times, and YES! he took his first steps!!! He took 1 step a few times, and one time he took 3 steps! I got all teary eyed and had to stop myself before I started bawling in front of Jeanette.
I've been able to convince myself over the last few months that even though Jonah is late in a few things and has to get some extra help, there is nothing wrong with him and that it's nobody's fault - but I can't help but have this worry sitting in the back of my head. It's such a relief to see that he's finally showing signs of moving forward. I am very proud of my little man! I can't wait to get some pictures of him walking around by himself. And as soon as I do - I will blog it for the world to see!

No comments: