Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I wrote this to a friend who just had her baby and I realized that it summed up so much of how I feel about Jonah at this age. With a new baby on the way, I think back a lot to when Jonah was first born and I'm so grateful for every single day that has brought him to this point in his life. What a special little boy I have! Here's what I wrote:

"I always get sad as every different stage passes - but then I come to love the next one even better! Especially since he becomes more aware of things, sleeping patterns become easier, and then he begins to show how much he loves you! That's my favorite thing : ). Of course he loves you now, you're everything to him! But wait until he comes up to you and hugs you for no reason. I miss the baby stage - but boy do I love my toddler!"

I hope I can continue to remember and appreciate those memories as he grows up. I still get so sad at how fast time is passing - but I can't help but be so happy too. Jonah is so full of life and love and I can't wait to see the amazing person he's going to become. I just hope I can record everything well enough so that I never forget these precious times and all the ones we've yet to enjoy.

No comments: